If your Mercedes Benz runs sluggishly, it may need a wheel alignment. A good mechanic can complete this job within an hour. Regular wheel alignments can improve your gas mileage, ride quality, steering, and more.
Wheel Alignment 101 – The Best Way to Ensure Accuracy on the Road
A wheel alignment realigns your wheels. To perform it, a mechanic must carefully adjust your car’s suspension system and steering hardware. The wheels on every Mercedes Benz have a prime alignment angle; the angle is set during the manufacturing process.
When to Get a Wheel Alignment for a Mercedes
If you have a new Mercedes Benz, you probably won’t need a wheel alignment right away because new vehicles have fine-tuned, preset wheel angles. These angles will always align with specific OEM specifications. You’ll only need to visit a shop for a wheel alignment when
- Your automobile constantly pulls to the side of the road.
- The treads on your tires have uneven wear.
- Your vehicle drives straight with a crooked steering wheel.
- Your tires squeal when you perform basic driving maneuvers.
- The steering wheel shakes and makes loud noises.
How to Protect Your Wheels on the Road
To avoid frequent trips to an automotive shop for a wheel alignment, follow these steps:
- Weave around all potholes
- Avoid hitting concrete parking stalls
If you need Mercedes Benz wheel alignments in Miami, FL, the team at Miami Benz can assist you.